The new toilet went in yesterday, the tub is in place, though not yet connected to the drain, and the tile backer is ready for the floor heater and slate tile.
Then again, since I am blissfully under-employed, I've had the time to really dig in and have made some great finds. Here's our "green list" [subject to updates, as it's unlikely I'll remember everything in one go!]:
UltraTouch Recycled Cotton Insulation
Our lovely new toilet: dual flush with either a .9 gallon or 1.6 gallon flush, a HUGE improvement over the 1973 7 gallon per flush predecessor.
- PaperStone vanity top and shelf surfaces
- FSC certified wood cabinets built locally
- Cabinets finished with very low VOC water-based acrylic finish
- Toto Aquia Dual flush toilet
- YOLO Colorhouse paint
- Velux venting skylight with ComfortPlus glazing
- UltraTouch Recycled cotton insulation
- Caroma Leda Vasque semi-recessed lavatory
- Radiant floor heating by Warmly Yours
- Panasonic Whisper Green fan with motion sensor
- Low voltage halogen task lighting with dimmer [hoping to switch these to LED bulbs someday and/or solar or wind power]
- Flourescent vanity lighting
- Paperless Drywall: GP Dens Armour Plus and Dens Shield tile backer
Other materials we are still considering are AMDEC Recycled glass tile and/or Lumicor panels for the tub/shower surround. Both are Northwest based companies with local manufacturing from recycled materials.
Later this week we will be trading artwork for labor and materials when the painting party starts. We have some pretty awesome friends. :)